Senior Styling Tips
To make the most of your senior styling during your session, pay attention to the tips below. Your senior session should be styled to show case YOU. It should be your style. When planning your outfits, think about how you would describe your style to someone else and then add one extra detail!
The make the most of your session, plan to include at least THREE outfits. The first outfits should be casual, or described as street clothes. The second outfit should be formal, and the final outfit should be one that demonstrates your personality.
1. Casual Ideas for Girls
The casual style is the simplest way to dress for your session. Wear something that is fun and flirty.
- Jeans, a blouse, tennis shoes
- Shorts, T, sandals
- Dress with simple neckline, jewelry, sandals
Casual Ideas for Guys
The casual style is easy for men, simply wear what you feel comfortable in making sure you take into consideration the dos and don’ts listed in this article.
- Jeans, T-Shirt, Crew Neck Shirt, Tennis Shoes
- Shorts, Polo, Boat Shoes
- Jeans, Sweatshirt, Leather Jacket
2. Formal Ideas for Girls
- Black pants, sweater, heals
- Dark Denim, T-shirt, blazer, boots
- Dress with nice jewelry, heals or sandals
- Romper with a wedge
Formal Ideas for Guys
- Dark pants, structured shirt, dress shoe
- Dark Denim, V-neck T-shirt, blazer
- Black pants, button down shirt, tie, dress shoes
3. Your Style & Personality Ideas
This may be the most important category because it is were you really show off your own style in your clothing and accessories. Your personality should shine through in your wardrobe choices.
- Athletic Uniforms
- Demonstrate hobbies
- Musical instruments
- Cultural Dress
Scroll down for the dos and don’ts
Styling & Planning
- Plan to dress head to toe, think about the entire outfit
- Pay attention to foot wear!
- Pick things you love to wear that are you
- Layer your outfit (this is a big one)
- Plan ahead with your hair (avoid a new cut within 1-2 weeks of your appointment)
- Accessorize (jewelry, belts, hats, etc)
- Makeup (keep it normal don’t do anything too far from your normal)
- Bring Powder for blotting shiny skin
- Bring Props (even a great bag or sunglasses can improve a shot)
- Press your clothing!
- RELAX, this will be fun!
Styling & Planning “Don’ts”
- Don’t wear anything tight or uncomfortable, it will be obvious
- Don’t wear anything too comfortable (you don’t want to look sloppy)
- No Glitter or gloss (shiny surfaces catch the light)
- No tank tops for guys
- No overly branded or high graphic clothing (Don’t be a walking billboard for a clothing company)
Check out this article on What to Wear with loads of examples and ideas.